A Few Things Ill Considered

A layman's take on the science of Global Warming featuring a guide on How to Talk to a Climate Sceptic.

Saturday, November 05, 2005

send this to... Digg it! | Technorati | Del.icio.us | Reddit | Furl | Spurl

Why Blog?

There are basically three reasons I have decided to set this blog up. Firstly, I find myself spending a lot of time posting on Usenet, too much really, so I thought this could use up even more time! No, not really, I am hoping this will save time. Time I spend composing essentially the same thoughts repeatedly and time I spend searching via Google Groups for past postings so that I can be quicker at repeating myself. If I find a particular topic or thought compelling enough to repeat, perhaps turning it into a blog post will help refine it and provide an easier reference for myself and others who might be interested enough to click a link.

Secondly, I think blogs are a great phenomenon, an exciting way to express ones' unique perspective and assert one's individuality.

Thirdly, everyone else is doing it.

The rest is about to become just more history. I hope you do not regret your time spent reading or, hopefully, posting comments here.

Labels:

3 Comments:

  • At February 19, 2006 8:24 PM, Blogger James Annan said…

    Heh.

    Don't you mean "Why not blog?"

    I'm considering selling my "Empty" blogname on ebay. Seems like there could be quite a bidding war :-)

     
  • At February 19, 2006 8:46 PM, Blogger coby said…

    My first comment! Hi James. How exciting..er embarassing. I didn't think this would be seen just yet...I have a pile of posts incubating, no really.

    I feel like I have something to prove now. :) (Yes, Empty Blog must be apropos quite a few blogs out there...)

     
  • At February 23, 2006 11:26 AM, Blogger William M. Connolley said…

    Ha. Now for your second comment :-)

    Welcome to the blog-world. Don't forget to visit wiki, though...

    http://mustelid.blogspot.com/2006/02/few-things-ill-considered.html

     

Post a Comment

<< Home