A Few Things Ill Considered

A layman's take on the science of Global Warming featuring a guide on How to Talk to a Climate Sceptic.

Wednesday, June 14, 2006

send this to... Digg it! | Technorati | Del.icio.us | Reddit | Furl | Spurl

100,000 Page Views

Today or tomorrow A Few Things Ill Considered hits 100,000 page views! After about three weeks starting mid February, 2006 of being what it was designed for, a convenient place for me to keep my standard arguments handy for sci.environment threads, and with only a trickle of visitors, I was outed by RealClimate and things really took off. We currently average about 200 visitors and 700 page views per day (no, not google numbers but enough to get a good kick out of it!).

Notable and flattering mentions since then include:

and a bunch of the "in crowd" of blogs that discuss climate science, such as Stoat (the first one, thanks William, but does my abbreviation in your blogroll have to be "Ill"? : ), Deltoid, DesmogBlog, and quite a few others that I don't know or don't have time to read - or can't think of right now. The How to Talk to a Climate Sceptic guide comes up in blogs in at least 5 languages!

A Few Things Ill Considered continues to be very well placed strategically in the google searches, catching people looking for "global warming is a big hoax" or "hockey stick fraud" or "volcanoes emit more co2" or "global warming stopped in 1998" etc! (See here for a run down). I like to think a few souls have been saved!

Thanks for all who visit and especially those who comment, there have been some very good threads.

Guides, by Category

Labels: ,

10 Comments:

  • At June 14, 2006 10:55 AM, Blogger Shannon said…

    I've found your guide to be a great resource. Thank you for all of your hard work!

     
  • At June 14, 2006 1:20 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Great news Coby! You deserve all the accolates you get. You have done a great job here and I've won many ...well okay all ... internet debates since I found your blog.

    Keep up the great work.

    Geoff

     
  • At June 14, 2006 1:36 PM, Blogger Heiko said…

    I like to think a few souls have been saved!

    I hope you don't mean this too literally ;-)

     
  • At June 14, 2006 2:59 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I hope that a few who might have read the discussions under the topics still hold on to their healthy agnosticism/atheism :-)

     
  • At June 15, 2006 10:33 AM, Blogger Will said…

    Coby,

    If you want some help with site layout I'd like to volunteer. I know a few tricks with blogger. Check out my site via my profile, email me (also via my profile) if you're interested.

     
  • At June 15, 2006 11:37 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Any one hear about this? Have the findings been disproved in the last 3 years?

    http://www.cfa.harvard.edu/press/pr0310.html

    cheers,

     
  • At June 15, 2006 12:26 PM, Blogger coby said…

    That comes from Soon and Baliunas and the Idso's so I am sure they still believe it. It was not accepted by climate scientists as "proving" anything at the time, so don't look for any papers directly refuting it. Baliunas is a professional industry funded sceptic not only of climate change but also prominent in ozone hole denial.

    Check my posting on the Medieval Warm Period. The short answer is that the MWP was not very global and not very prominent, American Petroleum Institute funded studies in Energy and Environment notwithstanding.

     
  • At June 19, 2006 4:54 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Do you guys have a refutation of the following?
    http://members.lycos.nl/ErrenWijlens/co2/arrhrev.htm

     
  • At June 19, 2006 5:16 PM, Blogger coby said…

    Is this something that bothers you, or something someone else brought up? How is it relevant to today? What needs refuting?

     
  • At July 15, 2006 1:23 AM, Blogger Co2emissions said…

    Hi Coby

    Got another blog on the same track as you.

    Scientific American blogger, George Musser

    Are You a Global Warming Skeptic? Part IV

    After a two-month hiatus, I've finally found the time to pick up the thread on doubts about global warming and humans' role in it. In previous installments, people wrote in with the reasons why they were skeptical and I tried to synthesize the responses.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home